We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2023 semester, with a priority deadline of April 21, 2023. In response to the changing situation related to the coronavirus pandemic, should there be any restrictions which would prevent students from travelling to Ireland, we are also able to extend our refund policy to be able to give full refunds up to two weeks before the start of the semester. We are also able to defer any acceptances to the Spring 2024 semester, if needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lisa Newman at email@example.com or +353 65 7077200.
- Online Application Form (see below)
- Images of recent work (10-15 jpegs or links to max. 2 video pieces)
- Artist Statement (approx. 200 words)
- Statement of Purpose (between 500-1000 words explaining your purpose in undertaking study at BCA. Include your education objective, career plans and your reasons for choosing to study in Ireland)
- Official Transcript (s) (A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required)
- Copy of your Passport
- 2 Letters of recommendation submitted by email by your referees.
- €50 non-refundable application fee payable online.
Note: We request official transcripts to be sent by the university/college via password protected email or hard copies may be mailed to Admissions, Burren College of Art, Newtown Castle, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, Ireland. Portfolio images can be submitted online via GoogleDocs or www.wetransfer.com. All other application materials can be emailed to the Director of Admissions, Lisa Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- €8,750 per semester
- €17,500 per academic year 2023/2024
Housing Fee per semester
- Single ensuite room – €3,300
- Twin ensuite room – €2,470
Programme Fee €550 per semester
Activity Fee €225 per semester
Optional Faculty Led Trip to London (Fall) or Berlin (Spring) €720*
*Indicative only, subject to change
2023-2024 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- Fees due – November 29, 2022
- Students arrive – January 6, 2023
- Orientation week – January 9
- Classes begin – January 16
- Semester ends – April 21
- Students leave – April 22
- Fees due – June 16, 2023
- Students arrive – September 1
- Orientation week – September 4
- Classes begin – September 11
- Semester ends – December 15
- Students leave – December 16
- Fees due – November 28, 2023
- Students arrive – January 5, 2024
- Orientation week – January 8
- Classes begin – January 15
- Semester ends – April 19
- Students leave – April 20
The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students who are U.S. citizens and of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic prosperity. The Institute of International Education has administered the program since its inception in 2001.
Please check their website below for further details on eligibility, deadlines, and application information:
Burren College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status in any phase of its employment process, in any phase of its admission or scholarship programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities.