We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2021 semester, with a priority deadline of October 31, 2020. In response to the changing situation related to the coronavirus pandemic, should there be any restrictions which would prevent students from travelling to Ireland in January, we are also able to extend our refund policy to be able to give full refunds up to two weeks before the start of the semester. We are also able to defer any acceptances to the Fall 2021 semester, if needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lisa Newman at email@example.com or +353 65 7077200.
- Online Application Form (see below)
- Images of recent work (10-15 jpegs or max. 2 video pieces in Quick Time format)
- Artist Statement (approx. 200 words)
- Statement of Purpose (between 500-1000 words explaining your purpose in undertaking study at BCA. Include your education objective, career plans and your reasons for choosing to study in Ireland)
- Official Transcript (s) (A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required)
- Copy of your Passport
- 2 Letters of recommendation submitted by email or physical mail by your referees.
- €50 non-refundable application fee payable online.
Note: We request official hard copies of transcripts to be sent to Admissions, Burren College of Art, Newtown Castle, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, Ireland, or sent by the university/college via password protected email. Portfolio images can be submitted electronically via GoogleDocs or www.wetransfer.com. All other application materials can be emailed to the Director of Admissions, Lisa Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- €8,690 per semester
- €17,380 per academic year 2020/21
Housing Fee per semester
- Single ensuite room – €3,045
- Twin ensuite room – €2,250
Programme Fee €495 per semester
Activity Fee €195 per semester
Optional Faculty Led Trip to London (Fall) or Berlin (Spring) €700
2020-2021 Fees & Dates
- Fees due – June 19
- Students arrive – September 4
- Orientation week begins – September 7
- Classes begin – September 14
- Semester ends – December 18
- Students leave – December 19
- Fees due – November 6, 2020
- Students arrive – January 8
- Classes begin – January 11
- Semester ends – April 23
- Students leave – April 24
The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students who are U.S. citizens and of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic prosperity. The Institute of International Education has administered the program since its inception in 2001.
Please check their website below for further details on eligibility, deadlines, and application information:
Burren College of Art does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status in any phase of its employment process, in any phase of its admission or scholarship programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities.