Image: Bonnie Fukazawa, Resident Artist 2019
To assist students who are deferring the start of their courses or taking a semester/year out, or artists who are needing uninterrupted additional studio time, Burren College of Art can provide a bridge from disruption to new exploration through our residency programmes. In particular, our Residency+ and Burren Immersion: 12 Week Residency programmes provide the opportunity to continue developing artistic practice with academic support in the context of a small artistic community.
While these programmes do not offer academic credit, they provide special study opportunities for artists working at all levels to continue their artistic practice and academic development in a safe and supportive artistic community in the context of a high level art educational environment. Resident health and well being is our priority, and each artist in residence will receive a large, well-ventilated studio space in which to work. Residents are also encouraged to engage outdoors with the unique, protected landscape of the Burren, in which the college is situated.
The Residency + programme offers studio time combined with weekly meetings with BCA faculty, access to our Visiting Artists programme and campus facilities in sculpture, painting, drawing and photography. The programme runs for a four week period during the academic year (September – April). Additional seminars, exhibitions and events throughout the semester further animate the programme.
- Offered in 4-week long sessions during January, February, March, April, September, October and November.
- Weekly advisory sessions with faculty
- 24/7 access to your own studio space in a shared building
- Use of campus facilities: 3D sculpture lab, digital print lab, black and white photography darkroom, printing press, lighting studio, library and Wi-Fi throughout the campus
- Optional attendance at exhibition openings, public lectures and film screenings, and additional campus events.
The monthly fee for the Residency + programme is €1235 per 4-week period. Accommodation is separate.
2024 (Additional dates TBD)
- Monday January 8 – Friday February 2 – WAITING LIST
- Monday February 5 – Friday March 1 – WAITING LIST
- Monday March 4 – Friday March 29 – WAITING LIST
- Monday September 2 – Friday September 27 – WAITING LIST
- Monday September 30 – Friday October 25 – WAITING LIST
- Monday October 28 – Friday November 22 – WAITING LIST
Our refund policy states that all tuition and fees are due at least 4 weeks before the start of the programme. Full refunds may be given up to 4 weeks before the start of the programme, (less €100 cancellation fee). The Burren College of Art accepts no obligation to refund any fee, or part thereof, after this date. We are also be able to offer alternate dates in the future for rescheduling as an additional option.