This 12-week residency programme is aimed at artists who are looking for an extended period in the Burren to develop their practice, along with the benefit of engaging in alternative forms of learning. Our BCA staff will work with you to create a fully bespoke residency program which best suits your needs by providing the options of weekly tutorials with our resident or visiting faculty, and the ability to audit one or more classes (non-credit) from our range of undergraduate courses (subject to availability and approval). For example: Our Irish Studies course will introduce you to the land, history and culture of Ireland through lectures and regular field trips to the Burren and its environments. We also offer a variety of studio courses in drawing, painting, sculpture, photography and performance art.
- Offered as a 12-week long session during academic semesters (Available sessions are September 6-November 26, 2021)
- Weekly advisory sessions with faculty
- Ability to take one or more of our undergraduate courses (non-credit and subject to availaibility and approval)
- 24/7 access to your own 4m x 4m studio space
- Use of campus facilities: 3D sculpture lab, digital print lab, black and white photography darkroom, library and free Wi-Fi throughout the campus
- Participation in the College community through attending exhibition openings, lectures and events.
- An Open Studio session to display and gain public feedback on your work
The base cost for this programme is €5500, which includes studio fees and accommodation in our campus housing at a discounted rate for the 3 months. Additional courses may be added at €720 per course.
To apply for this program, please indicate on the application form below that you would like to participate in the Burren Immersion:12-Week Residency, and include information about what your goals are with the program, as well as courses that you may be interested in auditing. Please contact Lisa Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and any questions.