Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application deadline is 1st February annually, although late applications may be accepted if all places have not been filled. All eligible applicants are interviewed either in person or by phone.
Applicants should have a Bachelors Degree with first or upper second class honours in Fine Art; or a Bachelors Degree with a major in Fine Art with a GPA or 3.50 or above; or evidence of equivalent achievement. In the case of an outstanding portfolio, a Bachelors Degree with a lower second class/2.2 honours/GPA of 3.0 may be accepted.
Overseas applicants from outside the EU must comply with Irish immigration rules regarding passport, visa, financial viability and evident of student status (e.g. letter of acceptance from the College).
English Language Requirements for non-native speakers of English: Applicants in this category should have competence in English, which is the language of tuition. They will be required to supply an IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 or more, unless their primary degree has been taken through English, certification of which must be supplied.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019/2020 entry year. The application process will open again in September 2019 with a priority deadline of February 1, 2020 for 2020/2021. Any inquiries may be directed to Lisa Newman, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed application form
- A copy of a recent essay on art or a critical review of an exhibition you have recently visited (approx. 1000 words)
- A portfolio comprising a minimum of 10 works, which may be represented digitally as jpeg or MP3 files (video) and sent through GoogleDocs or www.wetransfer.com
- A written statement of approx. 500 words that clearly states what you seek to attain through study on this programme
- A résumé providing details of education, employment history, exhibitions and publications
- Official certificate or transcript for all degree awards received
- Two letters of recommendation (May be emailed directly to email@example.com and must be sent by your referees)
- A copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport
- €50 Application Fee which can be paid online
Note: We request official hard copies of transcripts to be sent to Admissions, Burren College of Art, Newtown Castle, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, Ireland, or sent by the university/college via password protected email. Portfolio images can be submitted electronically via GoogleDocs or www.wetransfer.com. All other application materials can be emailed to the Director of Admissions, Lisa Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org