Burren College of Art is pleased to announce the launch of a new residency/workshop programme in Spring of 2018.
2018 Winter Schools Dates
- January 22nd – February 2nd 2018
- February 5th – February 16th 2018
- February 19th - March 2nd 2018
- March 19th – March 30th 2018
- April 3rd – April 13th 2018
The Winter Schools invite those who wish to reignite their art practice after a long break, or are ready to take the leap to become the artist they’ve always wanted to be. In these sessions, you will have the opportunity to develop your creative skills through personal exploration, combined with the support of twice weekly studio visits and introductory workshops taught by our faculty and visiting artists in a supportive, creative community.
The School is offered in 2- to 4-week sessions, taking place during the months of February, March and April, as Spring returns to the unique and vibrant landscape of the Burren. Over the duration of the program you will have 24/7 access to your own, dedicated studio space as well as the use of our campus facilities including: 3D sculpture lab, digital print lab, black and white photography darkroom, library and free Wi-Fi throughout the campus.
Workshops in each Winter School session may include topics such as:
- Introduction to photography
- Understanding colour: methods and materials
- Drawing from life
- Sculpture: mixed media
- 2 week session (studio, accommodation and workshops included): €1,345
- 4 week session (studio, accommodation and workshops included): €2,400
For more information, please contact Julia Long at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +353 (0) 65 7077200