While the rural location of Burren College of Art makes it a relatively safe place to be, additional safety measures have been implemented on campus and in our accommodation, to ensure the safety of our college community.
The following standard health and safety measures are in place following current public health regulations:
- We strongly recommend that all students and faculty are fully vaccinated before arriving on campus and in our college accommodation. This will ensure all will be permitted to have lunch in the café, group dinners in local restaurants or other activities that may involve group participation
- Thorough and regular handwashing while on campus as well as using hand sanitizers provided
- Observe good cough and sneeze etiquette
- Maintain a 2-metre social distance from other people
- Mandatory wearing of a face covering on campus at all times except when working in studios individually.
Additional health and safety measures implemented in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Hand sanitizing points on the college mini-bus and at various locations throughout the campus
- Spacious studios (4m x 4m) to enable 2 m social distancing
- Designated area for isolation should a suspected case of COVID-19 arise and the appropriate protocol applicable
- Supply of PPE available, if required, on campus
- Regular communication in relation to health and safety advice between staff and students
- Regular, daily cleaning and sanitizing of all public area surfaces on campus
Our campus design is spacious, dispersed and naturally suited to implementing required social distancing protocols for staff and students. Further recommendations are in place on the number of students, faculty and residents that can be present in workshops/darkroom/library/communal areas at any one time.
Social distancing rules and health & safety protocols have also been applied in our BCA housing.
Sanitizing points are available in all our college housing, while similar provisions will be made for third party accommodation.
Before arriving in Ireland, students and faculty are required to agree on following our safety measures on campus and in the college housing and also to complete and sign the Covid-19 declaration form below.
For further information and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.