While the rural location of Burren College of Art makes it a relatively safe place to be, additional safety measures have been implemented on campus and in our accommodation, to ensure the safety of our college community.
The following standard health and safety measures are in place following HSE recommendations:
- Thorough and regular handwashing while on campus as well as using hand sanitizers provided
- Observe good cough and sneeze etiquette
- Maintain a 2-metre social distance from other people
- Mandatory wearing of a face covering on campus at all times except when working in studios individually.
Additional health and safety measures implemented in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Hand sanitizing points on the college mini-bus and at various locations throughout the campus
- Spacious studios (4m x 4m) to enable 2 m social distancing
- Reduced capacity and staggered meals in college café to enable social distancing
- Reduced seating capacity in lecture theater and other teaching spaces on campus
- Designated area for isolation should a suspected case of COVID-19 arise and the appropriate protocol applicable
- Supply of PPE available, if required, on campus
- Regular communication in relation to health and safety advice between staff and students
- Regular, daily cleaning and sanitizing of all public area surfaces on campus
Our campus design is spacious, dispersed and naturally suited to implementing required social distancing protocols for staff and students. Further restrictions are in place on the number of students, faculty and residents that can be present in workshops/darkroom/library/communal areas at any one time.
Social distancing rules and health & safety protocols have also been applied in our BCA housing.
- While restrictions are still in place, students will be allocated single rooms in college housing
- Sanitizing points are available in all our college housing. Similar provisions will be made for third party accommodation
- An additional accommodation facility is available for isolation, where a student or faculty member can isolate should they display covid-19 symptoms while on campus
Before arriving in Ireland, students and faculty are required to agree on following our safety measures on campus and in the college housing and also to complete and sign the Covid-19 declaration form below.
For further information and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.